Facebook Subscriptions ?
There is no need for then to do it, it has already been tried once and failed horribly (aka: AOL) Facebook is nothing more than social media digital evolution at work.
First of all, 1.66 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for December 2019. This represents a 9 percent increase year over year (Source: Facebook 01/29/2020)
If you believe a subscription will ever happen then you have absolutely no understanding how Facebook works and how they make money. They do not need to charge because they make far more off having it offered to you “for free”. (see stats above) FREE is a funny term considering it is not free., except for the ones that is getting something for free, which is Facebook itself.
Their “product” is you, your profile, and the data you freely give them. Your likes, dislike, comments, watch habits, what you follow and are things taht posting yourself is extremely powerful and valuable information that is they sell out right to 3rd parties. They know where your at and how you are spending your time this information allows them to target you but not just for products. Facebook allows information and data to be captured in real time. before the digital world took over marketing teams had to guess what the audience would like, but now they have the ability to see it and adjust for while its happening.
Facebook is an entity where you sign up and willing release reveal information to Facebook about yourself then permit them to monitor gather and sell that data. Go read the fine print of the standard and user agreement that applies to everyone on Facebook.
Facebook Stories Daily Viewers: 500 millions
- Facebook users are 43% female and 57% male.
- Of all the people on the internet, 83% of Women & 75% of Men use Facebook.
- Average Facebook user has 155 “friends”.
- Around seven-in-ten U.S. adults (69%) use Facebook.
- 62% of online Seniors aged 65+ are on Facebook and 72% are between age 50-64.
- 88% of online users of age 18-29 are on Facebook, 84% of those 30-49.
- 82% of college graduates are on Facebook.
- 75% of online users of income more than $75K are on Facebook.
- Almost 90% of Facebook’s Daily Active Users Come from Outside the US/Canada.
- The largest population on Facebook is from India with over 270 million users followed by 190 million from the US.
- Brazil and Indonesia both have around 120 million users.
- Monthly Active Users from Asia are 1,013,000.
- Europe has 387 million Facebook users.
- 96% of Facebook users accessed via mobile devices.
Facebook Financial Statistics
- Facebook Q4 2019 revenue is $21,082 millions.
- Average Facebook revenue per global user is $7.26.
- Facebook Full Year 2019 revenue is $70,697 millions.
Facebook posted a net income of $22.1 billion on $55.8 in total revenue in 2018. This net income grew by 39% in 2018, down from the 56% growth in 2017.
Facebook breaks down its revenue into two separate segments:
Advertising and Payments and other fees
Facebook generates substantially all of its revenue from selling advertising to marketers. Ads are displayed on Facebook’s main social-networking site, as well as Instagram, Messenger, and other third-party affiliated websites or mobile applications. Marketers pay for ads based on the number of impressions delivered or the number of actions, such as clicks, undertaken by users. 7
Facebook posted $55 billion in advertising revenue in 2018, comprising 98.5% of the company’s total revenue. Ad revenue grew by 38% throughout 2018 compared to 49% throughout 2017. Through the first three quarters of 2019, ad revenue grew 27%
Payments and Other Fees
Revenue from payments is derived from the net fee Facebook receives from developers using its payment infrastructure. The other fees are comprised of revenue from the delivery of consumer hardware devices and various other sources.7
Facebook posted $825 million in revenue from payments and other fees in 2018, representing the remaining 1.5% of total revenue for the year. Revenue for the segment grew by 16% in 2018, a significant improvement from a 6% decline in 2017
Through the first three quarters of 2019, revenue from payments and other fees grew by 26%
The company currently is facing four separate antitrust investigations, including one by the U.S. Department of Justice, one by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), one by the state attorney generals of eight different U.S. states, and one by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
Facebook also faces resistance from global regulators over its proposal to launch its own cryptocurrency, Libra. The launch of Libra would make Facebook not just a social media and tech giant, but could quickly transform it into a global player in banking and financial services. Considering the other issues Facebook is currently facing with regulators, it wouldn’t be surprising if next year’s planned launch of Libra is delayed.
Influences: April 2017, the company issued a case study confirming that several groups had attempted to use its social-networking site to influence the 2016 presidential election. In March 2018, news broke that political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica had illegitimately accessed millions of users’ data and used the data to influence voters to support presidential candidate Donald Trump during his campaign.
Facebook was fined 5 billion dollars here is what the DOJ details entrails 7-24-2019
October 22 2019
- New York State Attorney General Letitia James announces that 47 attorneys general from states and U.S. territories plan to take part in a New York-led antitrust probe into Facebook.
- The multistate investigation was announced in September.
- The probe will zero in on whether Facebook broke any state or federal laws as a result of any anti-competitive conduct related to its dominance.
- Facebook accounts for over 45 percent of monthly social media visits.
- 5 billion comments are left on Facebook pages monthly.
- 42% of customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.
- The Facebook like button has been pressed 1.13 trillion times.
- 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook every day.
- Every 60 seconds, 317,000 status updates; 400 new users; 147,000 photos uploaded; and 54,000 shared links.
- Facebook Gets Over 8 Billion Average Daily Video Views.
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off.
- Captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12%.
- 80% of users are annoyed when videos auto-play sound, and it gives them a negative impression of your brand.
- 350 Million photos are uploaded every day, with 14.58 million photo uploads per hour, 243,000 photo uploads per minute, and 4,000 photo uploads per second.
- 20% of videos are Live Broadcasts.
- Every 20 Minutes, 1 million links are shared, 20 million friend requests are sent, and 3 million messages are sent.
- 55 million status updates are made every day.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages with over 300,000 users helping in translation.
- Facebook-owned apps have a combined 16 billion downloads.
- Facebook has a whopping 4.6 billion downloads over the last 10 years.
- 1.4 billion people use Facebook groups.
- Facebook Watch has a global daily user base of 140 million, who spend an average of 26 minutes per day watching video.
- Most followed person on Facebook is Cristiano Ronaldo with 122 million subscribers.
- 36% of top stories on Facebook are related to politics.
- There are 120 million fake users on Facebook.
- Facebook users spend 38 minutes per day using the platform.
- 87% of coworkers connect using Facebook.
- 74% of Facebook users visit the site daily.