Last update 6-01-2021: I pulled this off my daily blogs for my routines, to reduce clutter on those pages. The photo above is from a 2019 kayaking trip, Cave Run Lake in Kentucky. Spent 8 hours on the north shore of the lake. I do not really pay much attention to data by miles anymore, I use kilometers since the rest of the worlkd using them for running and riding.
- Imperial 🚵 Cycle Full session is 22 mi-splits
- PB (bike) 01-mile: 0:02:42 3/18/21
- PB (bike) 05-mile: 0:14:26 3/7/21
- PB (bike) 10-mile: 0:28:50 3/7/21
- PB (bike) 20-mile: 0:57:22 3/7/21
- PB (ride) # of mi-splits below 22 minutes / 00:02:59 or less: All 22 3/7/21
- Metric 🚵 Cycle Full session is 36 km-splits
- PB (ride) 01k 0:01:29 3/10/21
- PB (ride) 05k 0:08:53 3/7/21
- PB (ride) 10k 0:17:51 3/7/21
- PB (ride) 20k 0:35:51 3/7/21
- PB (ride) 30k 0:53:43 3/7/21
- PB (ride) # of km-splits below two minutes / 00:01:59 or less: Thirty-Six 3/7/21 (of a 36 split session)
- Imperial 🏃 Run Full session is 5 mi-splits – adjusted down from 10 miles on 3-21-21)
- PB (run) 1 mile 0:07:10 6-10-21
- PB (run) 5 mile 0:38:08 3-29-21
- PB (run) 10 mile 1:18:54 1-28-21
- Metric 🏃 Run full session 6 km-splits – adjusted distance down on 3/21/21)
- PB (run) 01k 0:04:12 5-10-21
- PB (run) 05k 0:23:08 6-01-21
- PB (run) 08k 0:37:54 3-29-21
- PB (run) 10k 0:48:34 2-08-21
- PB (run) 15k 1:14:43 2-08-21
Data Note 1: There is a note on the blogs and social media posts that show “Pushing: NO” this means that I’m not pushing for low numbers. I don’t cycle/run for speed, looking for consistency throughout the routine.
Data Note 2: I began logging times on this page on 1-13-2021. I’m more focused on how well I’m doing than how far or fast. I monitor my bio-metrics to make sure the sessions are effective. I don’t want this to be me just be running/riding my ass off and screwing up my body. I do not go out every day looking to hit a personal best but will still date each one as it happens moving forward. This begins 1-13-2021 moving forward, even if I had better times before this date.
Running: These are non-stop runs unless I get stuck at a crosswalk, I do not like to stop. I will drop a run routine from my weekly sessions if necessary for recovery. I would rather skip a run than push it and hurt myself, and not be able to run at all.
Bike ride: I’m a grinder; when it comes to my session, I do not stop pedaling. I drop into a lower gear for downhill portions but do my best to maintain my pacing without going too fast. There is not much for hills where I do my weekly workout routine. I want consistent times for the entire routine, but I’m not lazy about how I ride, it’s a very aggressive style that I maintain. I am now using a felt hybrid because my Cannondale got destoried when I was rear eneded in Virginia.
JT water cooler information:
I have a Q&A area on my bio page as well… click here
- Longest ride to date? 65 miles (104km) Jan-2021
- Riding in groups? I usually don’t because “normal people” don’t cycle the way I do my sessions. I do enjoy them but have not done many yet. See next billet.
- Group rides? First-ever was 62 mile (99.7km) Pan Florida Cancer Ride in March 2021. I was paired up with a group, and we would trade off lead positions, so I got to learn a lot on how to group ride. I had been watching videos on how not to be a douchbag when riding in groups, which helped out a lot. When riding solo, I always pretend there is someone next to or behind me for safety reasons.
- First official pre or post-event ride? High Bridge Trail, Rice, Virginia.
- Injury or Wrecked? YES, On my Felt Hybrid, I broke my left collar bone. Oct-14-2020, and went down a couple of times learning these damn clip-in peddles.
- Longest run? 11 miles (17 km) Jan-2021, but I don’t run for distance. I was doing 10 miles (16km) twice a week but have recently reduced this to 5-miles twice a week to reduce my cardio.
- Coldest Ride or Run? Run 24°F ( -4.44°C) Ride 26°F ( –3.33°C)
- Coldest Hike? 9°F (-12°C) Colorado
- Rain or shine? I go no matter what.
- What is your favorite Pre-work drink or shake? Don’t use one; I drink water and control my energy needs through my diet. I don’t drink a lot of water right before a run session but do the day before.
- How much weight have you lost? This is not about weight loss.
- How many Calories do you Burn? Take a look; this will give you an idea. JT-Sessions 2k21
- Longest Kayaking trip? Two days on the Wekiva River. From Kings Landing to St John’s River Debary via Public Boat ramp.
- Coldest Kayaking trip? 15°F (-9.44 °C) for 8 hours with a daily high of 25°F -3.89 °C
- Longest Hike? 2019 Grand Canyon South rim spent 3 days there. I went down into the canyon on day 2.
- I will add some more later…
Travel Log: *I'm not counting routine paths only specialty locations. ----------- 2021 CYCLING: JAN Van Fleet Trail (x2)(Felt & Cannondale) Santos Trail Head Ocala (Cannondale) Lake Apopka North Shore (Felt) FEB Van Fleet Trail (x1 Cannondale) Kayak: (JAN) Silver River (FEB) Little Big Econ State Forest Hike/Walk/ Jan Lake Apopka 14 miles North Shore March Little Econ Forest April Maryland International Raceway Sanish Moss Trail Virginia Bike Darlington Dragway (SC) May Darlington Dragway (SC) Bigham Park Geogoria (Hike)(GA) South Georgia Motorsports Park(GA) June SPAnish Moss Trail (SC)hike Congaree National Forest (SC) Hike and run July ----------- 2020 Biking: Cape Hatteras Outer banks North Carolina Sep High Bridge Trail State park Virginia Sep Big Shoals State Forest Florida Nov Santos Trail Head Ocala Florida Aug Jekyll Island Georgia Oct Indian Head Rail Trail Maryland July Lock #24 (Riley's Lock) C&O Canal Trail, Seneca MD July Suncoast Trail - State Road 50 trailhead Nov Spring-to-Spring Trail started at Beck Ranch Park Florida (Dec) (36 miles) Fall Creek Falls State Park Tennessee Sep (Giant Mountain bike)about 15 miles Hiking: Fall Creek Falls State Park Tennessee Sep Santee National Forest x2 South Carolina Kayaking: Santee National Forest (Lake Marion) South Carolina Oct Silver River Florida Feb Johnson Field Boat Ramp (Ocklawaha River) Florida May Potomac River Launch point Chapel Point State Park Maryland Sep ----------- 2019 Hikes: Grand Canyon South Rim Oct Arizona (3days) Zion National Park Nov Utah (3days) Cummins Falls State Park Tennessee Cadillac Ranch Potter County, Texas Santee National Forest x1 South Carolina Myrtel Beach and had lunch at a fantastic Sub shop on the beach Kayaking: Silver River x2 Potomac River Virginia Rappahnnock River Virginia Cave Run Lake Kentucky Potomac River Launch point Chapel Point State Park MD x2 Lake Anna State Park Virginia Indian-Celina State recreation area Indiana (2 days) Hoosier National Forest ----------- 2018 Garden of the Gods Colorado 11 Mile State Park Colorado - my youngest son was with me. Battleship North Carolina Memorial Park (did the tourist thing, it was very cool.) North Carolina Aquarium at First Fisher Myrtle Beach stopped for unch at a sub shop on the beach ----------- Drag strips... The ones I can remember at the moment I have worked and many of them I have lost count how many times for some of them. My home track - Orlando Speedworld (Florida) Gainesville Raceway (Florida) South Georgia Motorsports Park (Georgia) Maryland International Raceway (Maryland) Brandon Motorsports Park (Florida) Bandimeer Raceway (Colorado) Darlington Dragway (SC) Galot Motorsports Park (North Carolina) Palm Beach International Raceway (Florida) Virginia Motorsports Park (Virginia) Memphis International Raceway (Tennessee) Lucas Oil Raceway (Indiana) Atco Dragway (New Jersey) Rockingham Dragway (North Carolina) Atlanta Motor speedway (Georgia) Vegas Motor speedway (Nevada) Zmax Dragway (North Carolina) Muncie Dragway (Indiana) Brainerd Motorsports Park (Georgia) Crossville Dragway (Tennessee) Dragway 42 (Ohio) Route 66 Raceway (Illnois)