Here are 10 of the most successful drag racers in no particular order:
- John Force – 16 NHRA Funny Car championships, over 150 career wins
John Force: The image was one of many I have of him, with another excellent shot of him on his scooter. We spoke for a few minutes after that photo, and he is a cool guy.
- Bob Glidden – 10 NHRA Pro Stock championships, 85 career wins
- Warren Johnson – 6 NHRA Pro Stock championships, 97 career wins
- Tony Schumacher – 8 NHRA Top Fuel championships, 85 career wins
- Joe Amato – 5 NHRA Top Fuel championships, 52 career wins
- Don Garlits – 17 NHRA Top Fuel championships, 144 career wins
Don Garlits: I met him in Gainesville after an early morning run through the pits before our day got started. We talked for a bit, and he is an awesome guy and super friendly. He even commented that I was out of my mind for running that early in the morning. I had a great day speaking with a true legend of the sport.
- Shirley Muldowney – 3 NHRA Top Fuel championships, 18 career wins
Shirley Muldowney; I met her at an event for the 1st time during a signing, and she looked like she would instead be getting somewhere else getting a root canal. She was very impersonal and inconvenienced by what she was doing, not just with me. Maybe she was having a bad day, but being indifferent to fans was unexpected.
- Kenny Bernstein – 6 NHRA championships across Funny Car and Top Fuel, 69 career wins
- Jeg Coughlin Jr. – 6 NHRA Pro Stock championships, 67 career wins
- Erica Enders – 4 NHRA Pro Stock championships, 29 career wins
Erica Enders Met her in Indy for the first time a few years back one of the nicest racers I have had the pleasure of speaking with. The second time we spoke about a year later, she even remembered me from our last meeting. I true blessing to the sport of drag racing.