Last update 8-24-2021: I’m a photographer, writer, illustrator, videographer, media support specialist, public relations, kayak, runner, cyclist, and cartoon artist. Helping others using my artistic abilities and 20 years of customer service experience is something I enjoy doing because it allows me to keep capturing and creating. My pages are filtered because professionalism is essential, and I work with some fantastic companies and people, I want to represent them in the best way possible. I’m an avid running, cyclist, cartoonist, and kayaker with some hiking when I travel … love the outdoors!
Some quick facts for you.
• Do you modify your photographs? I personally do not like modified photos BUT yes I do modify them when I feel it’s needed. I know what my audience likes to see and modifying a photograph is necessary to appeal to this taste. Again what I personally like and what do for my audience are two separate things.
• What got you doing this full time? It was because my mom and I enjoy doing this. It also gave me the ability to be here as she got older and her health declined. I took care of her for four years and we had some wonderful memories that I will carry for the rest of my life. This also allowed me to travel and see some amazing places and people.
• What did you do before this? From the ages of 13-29, I was a prep man and automotive painter for companies such as Don Mealey Chevrolet and Courtesy Cadilac before moving into the cable industry. I spent 18 years in cable installation as a field installation contractor in both technician and leadership roles. During this time I would move from contracting into the “inhouse” cable industry and 11 years were spent with bright house networks (now Spectrum aka; Charter)there as a field service technician, QC technician, HSD product specialist (call center), HSD Call Center supervisor, Kissimmee field supervisor, and Audit supervisor before our department was eliminated and supervisor staff was let go. The technicians thankful were absorbed into other departments. I have an excellence award as a contractor, one as an in-house field technician, four as an HSD call center supervisor, and one as an audit supervisor. It was a great time working with some great people. I have worked in numerous states and seen some crazy stuff over the years but I like helping people so it was a good fit for me.
• Why don’t you post your event images? I take a lot of photos because I shoot for content so selling event photos is not a priority. My prices are not off the charts but people are still just screen-shooting them when I do put them up, so limit how much I put up. ShootProof Fine Arts America is my primary gallery if you would like to take a look at the few up there.
• Do other photographers give you a hard time? No, most of them know me pretty well by now and know how I work so it’s not an issue. There is one that works NHRA events that really does not like me but I have never spoken to him to know why, hopefully, one day he will approach me because I respect all of them for the hard work they do.
• What photographer(s) do you look up to or admire? I don’t really “look up to” any but it is not meant with any disrespect. I only care what my audience/subjects think, but there are some fantastic photographers working out there and I love seeing their work. If I don’t get the shot I want someone to get it!
• How much do you cycle? I bike 36km twice a week, with an extra leisure ride on one of my weekend days that usually are 48-64km; I also run 6km a session, twice a week, and walk everyday day. This routine gets impacted by my schedule so it can change.
• The longest ride to date is 107.4km in March 2021
• What did you start riding on? I started cycling on a low-end used Giant mountain bike, moved to a brand new 2020 Felt Hybrid, and then on 1-9-2021 upgraded to a Cannondale road bike full carbon Super-six. Have also gone to clip-in peddles a well.
• Cycling Personal best click here for my Personal Best
• In 2019 The JTNorton Try & Keep Up! Media support programs were at 27 events in 23 states, racking up 21,986 miles. We reached 27.9 million people with our content without boosting.
• I’m also an avid kayaker and when out, it is always more than 4 hours. The average time I spend out is 6-8 hours. My first 2021 Kayak trip to the Silver River Ocala was 8 hours.
• Yes, I’m single, and I don’t have relationships with people within the industry I work or support.
• I do not disclose partnership details or information even after we end our agreements.
• I’m not a reporter, so any information made public, my partnerships must approve it. If I’m supporting a news outlet, certain stories and events must be published for news purposes. My core principle of confidentiality will always remain in place. “What is Said between Us Stays Between Us.” – JT
• I provide support as the entity requesting the support. It’s your audience and they should come to you, not go through me to get to you. I will push and support you but want the content to start at your outlet. This is about you, not me.
• Father of three boys, they are not, much boys anymore and my youngest just turned 23.
• Native State: Florida (Polk county)
• Associate Degree Commercial Art, back when it was still called that.
• 2011 CSX Photographer of the Year
• Have supported teams, publications, and media outlets in 23 different states 2016 through 2021.
• I have lost four cameras while kayaking, 3 via alligators, and one because a pair of dolphins decided to use me as a play toy.
• Bitten by three snakes, brown recluse, and once was stung by 14 hornets on the St Johns River. (2008) just to name a couple.
• Coldest temp worked -9 Colorado / Hottest temp worked 157 (with track temp) south Florida
• Married: once, we are now friends, and she has remarried to a great guy.
• Spent three days in Zion National Forest and three days in Grand Canyon (South Rim) 2019
• I have kayak most bodies of water in Central, north, east, and west Florida. All of Lake Apopka twice, the entire Wekiva river three times, and Little Econ twice,
• I have kayaked in several other states Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, West Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Kentucky
• I was the class sponsor for Ultra Street Class 2016 / 2017
• Supported BIV and XDA racers with cash bonuses for the number one qualifier and or perfect reaction time achievements. Began doing it again in 2021 for XDA
• Published in Finland’s Bomber Magazine (motorcycle) 2019, Orlando Sentential twice and several European publications for illustrative works.
• I do not favor one camera brand over another and use all three regularly, but my primary is the full-frame mirror-less Sony A7III for events and travel. My favorite overall is my Nikon D850, my beater camera is a Canon T7I.
• The first drawing my mom recalls me doing was an airplane at the age of about two.
• JTNorton.com is a registered business with the IRS
• JT has gone down the drag strip several times under the mentor-ship of Pablo Gonzalez see below. I’m not an active drag racer but have done it.
CONTACT ME AT: JAKED35MM@HOTMAIL.COM
2021 partnerships: Schnitz Racing / 190hookup.com / Dystany Spurlock / Fast Andie Rawlings / APE Race Parts / Pablo Gonzalez Racing / JT’s Auto & Cycle-AMRA, / Vantine Nitro-Sports / LSR Nitro-Harley-ManCup / Dragbike.com, and WhatAGraphic. 3 Silent Partnerships – Please visit my Partnership page
2020 partnerships: APE Race Parts / AFM Racing, / JT’s Auto & Cycle, Schnitz Racing, Vantine Nitro-Sports, Fast Andie Rawlings, LSR Nitro-Harley, Dragbike.com, Balch Racing, and WhatAGraphic Please visit my Partnership page at top of the page. (two silent partnerships)
2019 partnerships: AFM Racing, APE Race Parts, Schnitz Racing, Tak Shigematsu Racing, Vantine Nitro-Sports, Fast Andie Rawlings, Balch Racing, and WhatAGraphic . (three silent partnerships)
2019 was a fantastic year, with 27 events 21,500+ miles traveled supporting people, companies, and teams with their passions. Influencing tens of thousands in the real world face to face but also 9.4 million via our social media partnerships. I also got to see incredible places like the Grand Canyon south rim and Zion National Forest in our travels. I fill in my downtime by finding somewhere to go along the way, and it creates content for us.
9.4 this number is much higher than I thought, but one of my silent partnerships has the ability and resources to this kind of data that I can not see. The entire JT/T&KU! Program as of 3-25-2020 reached 27.9 million across all our platforms in 2019.
Influences on JT Norton
Some people have been in the lives that affect us, but then some influence and shape us for a lifetime. For me, one of them was Arno; We would spend countless summers hanging out running and playing role playing games, working the local yearly haunted houses, or just chilling out drawing or going through his endless collection of comic books. We met, and he taught me how to run D&D games (game master GM), leading to countless other great games, stories, memories, and fun times with friends for many summers to follow. Sometimes this included staying up around the clock.
Arno was the reason I met my former wife and now have three wonderful boys. When I left home to be my own, the first place I had was a room rented from his mom. Before Arno I hung out with some not too nice people, and we were doing some things we should not have been doing. This life-changing meeting and growing up with Arno took me to a better place, and I’m a better man because of him.
Thank you friend you will be missed BUT NEVER forgotten because you’re a part of me!
Brandi is a beautiful and intelligent person that I love beyond any words could ever describe. She is absolutely one of the central people that got me to where I am today. I’m able to do this full time, take care of my mom, and help so many people. One of the best friends I have ever had and will forever be grateful.
Robert Parker: the guy who let me tag along many years ago and exposed me to the larger world of national drag racing. (shown with Kenan Dorsey soon to be Mrs. Parker)