Last update 7-31-2021: I’m a photographer, writer, illustrator, videographer, media support specialist, public relations, kayak, runner, cyclist, and cartoon artist. This is my day job! Helping others using my artistic abilities and 20 years of customer service experience is something I enjoy doing because it allows me to keep capturing and creating. My pages are filtered because professionalism is essential, and I work with some fantastic companies and people, I want to represent in the best way possible. I am an avid running, cyclist, cartoonist, and kayaker with some hiking when I travel … love the outdoors
Here are some quick facts for you.
• Do you modify your photographs? I personally do not like modified photos BUT yes I do modify them when I feel it’s needed. I know what my audience likes to see and modifying a photograph is necessary to appeal to this taste. Again what I personally like and what do for my audience are two separate things.
• Why don’t you post your event images? I take a lot of photos and people just don’t buy enough of them. I posted three-event galleries again in 2021 and left them up for 3 months and sold three-event images. This was after I was requested to put them up, and is why selling event photos is not a priority for me. My prices are not off the charts but people are still just screen-shooting them when I do put them up. Or they expect them to just give them to them. ShootProof Fine Arts America is my primary galleries
• Do other photographers give you a hard time? No, most of them know me pretty well by now and know how I work so it’s not an issue. There is one that works NHRA events that really does not like me but I have never spoken to him to know why, hopefully, one day he will approach me because I respect all of them for the hard work they do.
• What photographer(s) do you look up to or admire? I don’t really “look up to” any but it is not meant with any disrespect. I only care what my audience/subjects think, but there are some fantastic photographers working out there and I love seeing their work. If I don’t get the shot I want someone to get it!
• How much do you cycle? I bike 36km three times a week, with an extra leisure ride on one of my weekend days that usually are 48-64km; I also run 6km a session, twice a week, and walk everyday day. This gets impacted by my race schedule so it can change.
• The longest ride to date is 103.5km in JAN 2021
• I started cycling on a low-end used Giant mountain bike, moved to a brand new 2020 Felt Hybrid, and then on 1-9-2021 upgraded to a Cannondale road bike full carbon Super-six. Have also gone to clip-in peddles a well.
• Cycling Personal best click here for my Personal Best
• In 2019 The JTNorton Try & Keep Up! Media support programs were at 27 events in 23 states, racking up 21,986 miles. We reach 27.9 million people with our content without boosting.
• I’m also an avid kayaker and when out, it is always more than 4 hours. The average time I spend out is 6-8 hours. My first 2021 Kayak trip to the Silver River Ocala was 8 hours.
• Yes, I’m single, and don’t have that kind of relationship with people within the industry I work or support.
• I do not disclose partnership details or information even after we end our agreements.
• I’m not a reporter, so any information made public, my partnerships must approve it. If I’m supporting a news outlet, certain stories and events must be published for news purposes. My core principle of confidentiality will always remain in place. “What is Said between Us Stays Between Us.” – JT
• I provide support as the entity requesting the support. It’s your audience and they should come to you, not go through me to get to you. I will push and support you but want the content to start at your outlet. This is about you, not me.
• Father of three boys, they are not, much boys anymore and my youngest just turned 23.
• Native State: Florida (Polk county)
• From the age of 13 to 29, I was a prep man and automotive painter.
• Associate Degree Commercial Art, back when it was still called that.
• 18 years of Installer, QC technician, Service Technician, and call center experience as a call center agent and supervisor.
• 2011 CSX Photographer of the Year
• Five employee excellence awards as a call center supervisor in the telecommunications industry
• Employee of the quarter as a field technician, audit supervisor and twice as a field contractor.
• Have supported teams, publications, and media outlets in 23 different states 2019.
• I have lost four cameras while kayaking, 3 via alligators, and one because a pair of dolphins decided to use me as a play toy.
• Bitten by three snakes, brown recluse, and once was stung by 14 hornets on the St Johns River. (2008) just to name a couple.
• Coldest temp worked -9 Colorado / Hottest temp worked 157 (with track temp) south Florida
• Married: once, but we are now friends, and she has remarried to a great guy.
• Spent three days in Zion National Forest and three days in Grand Canyon (South Rim) 2019
• I have kayak most bodies of water in Central, north, east, and west Florida. All of Lake Apopka twice, the entire Wekiva river three times, and Little Econ twice,
• I have kayaked in several other states Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, West Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Kentucky
• I was the class sponsor for Ultra Street Class 2016 / 2017
• Supported BIV and XDA racers with cash bonuses for the number one qualifier and or perfect reaction time achievements. Began doing it again in 2021 for XDA
• Published in Finland’s Bomber Magazine (motorcycle) 2019
• I do not favor one camera brand over another and use all three regularly, but my primary is the full-frame mirror-less Sony A7III for events and travel. My favorite overall is my Nikon D850.
• The first drawing my mom recalls me doing was an airplane at the age of about two.
• JTNorton.com is a registered business with the IRS
• JT has gone down the drag strip several times under the mentor-ship of Pablo Gonzalez see below. I’m not an active drag racer, but have done it.
CONTACT ME AT : JAKED35MM@HOTMAIL.COM
2021 partnerships: Schnitz Racing / 190hookup.com / Dystany Spurlock / Fast Andie Rawlings / APE Race Parts / Pablo Gonzalez Racing / JT’s Auto & Cycle-AMRA, / Vantine Nitro-Sports / LSR Nitro-Harley-ManCup / Dragbike.com, and WhatAGraphic. 3 Silent Partnerships – Please visit my Partnership page
2020 partnerships: APE Race Parts / AFM Racing, / JT’s Auto & Cycle, Schnitz Racing, Vantine Nitro-Sports, Fast Andie Rawlings, LSR Nitro-Harley, Dragbike.com, Balch Racing, and WhatAGraphic Please visit my Partnership page at top of the page. (two silent partnerships)
2019 partnerships: AFM Racing, APE Race Parts, Schnitz Racing, Tak Shigematsu Racing, Vantine Nitro-Sports, Fast Andie Rawlings, Balch Racing, and WhatAGraphic . (three silent partnerships)
2019 was a fantastic year, with 27 events 21,500+ miles traveled supporting people, companies, and teams with their passions. Influencing tens of thousands in the real world face to face but also 9.4 million via our social media partnerships. I also got to see incredible places like the Grand Canyon south rim and Zion National Forest in our travels. I fill in my downtime by finding somewhere to go along the way, and it creates content for us.
9.4 this number is much higher than I thought, but one of my silent partnerships has the ability and resources to this kind of data that I can not see. The entire JT/T&KU! Program as of 3-25-2020 reached 27.9 million across all our platforms in 2019.
Influences on JT Norton
Some people have been in the lives that affect us, but then some influence and shape us for a lifetime. For me, one of them was Arno; We would spend countless summers hanging out running and playing role playing games, working the local yearly haunted houses, or just chilling out drawing or going through his endless collection of comic books. We met, and he taught me how to run D&D games (game master GM), leading to countless other great games, stories, memories, and fun times with friends for many summers to follow. Sometimes this included staying up around the clock.
Arno was the reason I met my former wife and now have three wonderful boys. When I left home to be my own, the first place I had was a room rented from his mom. Before Arno I hung out with some not too nice people, and we were doing some things we should not have been doing. This life-changing meeting and growing up with Arno took me to a better place, and I’m a better man because of him.
Thank you friend you will be missed BUT NEVER forgotten because you’re a part of me!
Brandi is a beautiful and intelligent person that I love beyond any words could ever describe. She is absolutely one of the central people that got me to where I am today. I’m able to do this full time, take care of my mom, and help so many people. One of the best friends I have ever had and will forever be grateful.
Robert Parker: the guy who let me tag along many years ago and exposed me to the larger world of national drag racing. (shown with Kenan Dorsey soon to be Mrs. Parker)