I got to the track on Friday around 12ish, and the weather was already pretty spectacular, and it did not go away. I finished my standard pre-event visting round and set up the JT camp. Once a few more people got set up, I began collecting content for our event postings, with the bulk of it going to the SDBA FB group page because this is how the series wants it done. I usually dont post as myself, but this is how they want it.
Testing would begin, and we even had some drag cars and trucks testing with us Friday night, which was good to have them hanging out with us for the evening. The evening shootouts were hard fought, and the racers were quick to get reset and back up for the following matchups. We would get wrapped up at curfew with plenty of race action from the Friday night shootout sponsored by Hard Times Parts and Service and 57 Motorsports.
Saturday morning would continue to give us some fantastic weather; I enjoyed my coffee and got some disc golf practice in for upcoming tournaments. (www.diskgolfn.com) The SDBA Players meeting started at 9:30 a.m., and the action kicked off at 10:15. The racers were on the mark all day and kept the classes going as quickly as possible since many were running multiple courses.
- Friday Night Shootouts
- Hard Times Parts and Service
- BOX: Nathan Wall
- No Box: Sonny Vick
- 57 Motorsports
- True Hand Clutch: Reginald Glass
- Schnitz Racing Proving Grounds Winner Dustin Fonhne
- Friday Night Hard times parts and service No Box Winner Sonny Vick
- Hard times parts and service Street ET winner Jordan Weiss
- Reginald Glass 57 Motorsports True Hand Clutch Winner Friday Night
- MTC Engineering Supercomp and Schnitz Racing Top Gas winner Dustin Lee
- Randy Hammons! – Daves Auto Body V- Twin Winner #4buddy
- 57 Motorsports True Hand Clutch winner Fitzi Bowman Saturday
ABOUT ETHRIDGE MOTORSPORTS PARK
The family has been involved with drag racing & Ethridge Motorsports Park (formerly US 43 Dragway) since the 70’s. We currently have 3 generations involved in racing.
They purchased the track for 3 reasons:
1. We love this sport!
2. We wanted to bring this amazing track back to life!
3. We wanted a closer to home option for our family and friends.
Over the past few months, they have made many improvements to the facility and added a new Accutime Timing System. They want to be a family friendly track that offers big money events, fun opportunities for the kids and keeps a great reputation for running things the right way! – The Burleson Family